e01 : Exam 1
|e01||true||Exam 1||Tue 10/29 11:00AM|
Practice Problems were posted on Piazza and covered during the review session.
Have fun practicing what you’ve learned so far!
Remember: programming is not a spectator’s sport – you have to actively write code in order to get better at writing, reading, and debugging it. Practice, practice, practice, and ask questions.
## Exam logistics
Exam is on Tuesday, 10/29 in the regular lecture classroom at the usual lecture time.
Exam begins exactly at the start of the lecture - Please start arriving 5 minutes before class, so that you are ready when the exam begins.
You will be given a copy of the exam: you are supposed to work on the copy that you are given and should not trade it with your neighbors. Not following this guideline is considered a violation of academic integrity and can result in receiving a 0 for the exam.
Bring your student ID: you will need it to get checked-off when you turn in your exam and your notesheet.
- You may bring only one 8.5” x 11” piece of paper – the reference sheet distributed in class – with handwritten notes. You are not allowed any other paper.
- Handwritten notes also mean that you should not print anything and/or tape it to your note sheet: research has shown that to best digest the material and understand what you are doing you need to hand-write the notes yourself.
- Please write your name in the top right corner (portrait orientation) on both sides of that sheet.
- Do not attach anything to your notesheet: you will need to turn in your notesheet with your exam to receive credit for it. If something is glued/taped/stapled/attached in any way to it, it will jam up the scanner and will cause you to lose points for not following instructions.
- Rememeber to turn in your notesheet before you leave the exam room. We will not accept it once you leave the classroom.
No books, calculators, phones, laptops or other materials or devices are allowed during the exam. Using them during the exam are a violation of academic integrity and can result in receiving a 0 for the exam.
If you finish the exam early, you may turn in your exam and the notesheet before the end of the exam and will need to leave the room.
- There are no makeups for this exam.
Guidelines last updated: Monday, Oct 28, 2019